We really hope that you are all keeping safe in what is a stressful and uncertain situation. It is difficult to know when this ‘lockdown’ is going to end and how the phasing back to relative normality will happen. We thought it would be useful to provide you with some frequently asked questions.
When will you be open again?
At present we are closed until further notice. We will only open once the Government restrictions have been lifted and when we feel that we can offer guest a safe and relaxing break with out putting the safely of other guest, ourselves and the local community at risk. At the moment it is looking likely that sections of the Hospitality industry will be able to open at the start of July as long as the R rate remains low as long as they are able to operate with social distancing.
I have a booking before the beginning of July, what happens to my booking?
If you have booked a trip through our website that is during the lock down period then I will be in contact shortly regarding your booking. If not please contact me on 01258 472162 or email@example.com, I am sorry if I am not able to respond straight away, please allow 24 hours for a response during these times.
I have booked my stay through Canopy and Stars
If you have booked your stay through Canopy and Stars their booking Terms and Conditions can be found here and they have compiled a coronavirus FAQ that can be found here that you may find of some use . Canopy and Stars can be contacted on 0117 204 7830 or you can use my contact detail above and I will contact them on your behalf.
I have a booking outside of the current lock down?
We really hope that we will be able to accommodate you but at the present time we are closed until further notice. If your stay is cancelled due to the Coronavirus lock down we will be in touch to reschedule your stay in the first instance. We will contact you directly as soon as we have confirmation from the government that we will be able to accommodate you (or not)
My Balance Payment is due?
We are currently offering guests the option to delay balance payments until we know we will be able to accommodate your stay.
My stay is outside of the current lock down period but I wish to postpone it anyway?
This is completely understandable during these uncertain times and we will accommodate the rescheduling of stays where possible in this instance. Additional charges for peak times may apply.
My stay is outside of the current lock down period but i wish to cancel it?
Our cancellation policy can be found in here in our terms and conditions. Within our T&Cs we do recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover you in the event that you are unable to travel. I would kindly ask that in the event that you wish to cancel your stay with us that is after the travel restrictions are lifted that your travel insurance is your first port of call.
I want to book a stay but I’m reluctant given the current situation
Understandably as a result for the current uncertainty there is a reluctance (myself included) to book breaks away because of the worry about deposits and Terms and Conditions etc! However its important to have things to look forward to, so we have decided to temporary ditch the deposits.
So for the time being make your booking as per normal, however once you get to the down to the ‘payment method’ simply select ‘No Deposit Reservation Due to Covid-19’. Once we know we are all safe to venture out again I will send you an email with a payment link. Simple!!
What is the current Government Advice?
How we are ensuring guest and Staff safety?
As always the safely of our guests is our main priority and we have increased our already stringent measures to protect the health of both guests and our family based team. We are following the guidelines set out by Public Health England to ensure that we provide our guests with a safe place to stay. Full detail of our protocols can be found here but are summarised below:
- We have just two accommodation spaces and they are separated by over 200 meters and similar distances from our home and that of our neighbours. This allows for effective social distancing.
- We have enhanced our already strict cleaning and hygiene protocols.
- Check in times have been amended slightly to allow for the additional cleaning measures to take place. Check out is by 10.30 and check in is after 4pm.
- Soft furnishings such as cushions have been removed from the huts
- We are continuing to run our self check in and out procedure and although a member of the team will not be there to welcome you in person we are on hand should need us.
We ask our guests to help us by following the current Government advice which can be found her: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Please wash your hand regularly with the antibacterial hand wash provided.
- Please use the antibacterial kitchen spray provided.
- We politely ask that you keep a distance of at least 2m from other guests, staff and members of the public.
- If you wish to support our local business at a time where we are all struggling then please let me know, many are now offering takeaway services and we continue to offer our locally sourced food hampers.
- We ask that if you are displaying the symptoms of Covid-19 (A Cough and/or Fever) that you do not travel to Farmstead Glamping and that if you develop such symptoms during or after you stay with us you promptly let us know.
- We are asking all guest to sign our Stay Safe Charter
We appreciate that the Coronavirus is an evolving situation and we will continue to adapt and keep you informed as and when it is necessary. In the mean time I would like to wish you all a continued good health.